Thursday, August 6, 2009

Partial Eclipse with Horn Effect


Today's photos show the moon rising away from the Sun. The clouds are also lapping around the solar eclipse.

The effect looks like a horn in the sky.

This is considered third contact when the moon is moving away from covering the Sun.

The different phases of the eclipse were very surprising to me. There was always something new to see in the sky. It is still hard to believe that a solar eclipse and totality would be so unique and have so many different photographic opportunities.

Can you imagine what people must have thought in olden times when they had the moon block the sun for six minutes? No wonder all of the superstitions and unusual traditions and sacrifices occurred.

I am almost done with my series on the solar eclipse and I hope you have enjoyed the photos and learned a little about astronomy and some tips on taking photos of the sky, with these changing light conditions and changing atmospheric conditions.

I highly encourage everyone to try to book one solar eclipse trip in their lifetimes as it is such a spectacular experience.

9 comments:

brattcat said...

These are stunning, remarkable, wonder-ful.

Sharon said...

More wonderful photos!! Thanks Julie.

Lois said...

I have enjoyed your pictures Julie and learned so much! I hate to see them end.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

When you say that your photo shows the moon, it shows the moon only as he moon matches the blackness of the rest of the daytime sky in your photo, revealing the shape of the sun to make the sun resemble a partial moon.

Extraordinary.

Don and Krise said...

Very cool. I have thoroughly enjoyed these. Thank you again for sharing.

~Cheryl said...

Julie, thank you for so generously sharing your experience and expertise! I thoroughly enjoy your entire blog, and in appreciation, I have given you a Golden Blog award. Please stop by my blog to pick it up, if you wish. Have a wonderful day!

glenda said...

These Eclipse photos have been great and the information has been so interesting.

Jilly said...

Just catching up again with these amazing photos. So much to learn and you are teaching us so beautifully.

desi said...

WOW!!! what amazing photos!!

I also have a few moon photos on my photoblog...and can't wait for the next eclipse by us! just yesterday I read an article about photographing it!
why don't you join my Photo Club? its just for fun and this month's theme is MOVE!

desi
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...