Saturday, April 5, 2014

Photo: Using a Satellite Phone and WiFi in the Sea of Cortez

My husband took this photo during a recent whale watching cruise that we took in the Sea of Cortez, on the east coast of Baja California.   We were in a small expedition ship that did not have shipboard internet service.

I therefore rented a satellite telephone and satellite wifi device so that I could be in contact with our office.  That is what I am  doing in this photo.

The satellite devices work only outdoors where there is direct line of sight between the devices and the satellite.   I therefore had to go up on the top deck of the ship to use the devices.  I had a long conference call and the hone worked reasonably well.  The wifi connection device did not work as well.

This the last, and most attenuated, installment in my series of photos showing triangles following the "triangles" Theme Day on April 1.  The crane in the top left that lifts the kayaks and zodiacs from the top deck down to the water formed a somewhat triangular shape.

And, yes, we did see lots of whales on our trip.  I will post some of those photos soon on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

This week we are showing photos of the Sydney Opera House  on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

You are so resourceful!

glenda said...

This sounds like such a process to stay connected to the office! However you have a lovely office space!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...