Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mummy Mountain Homes

Here is another photo showing some of the homes on Mummy Mountain.  This illustrates my commentary yesterday, that it seems that people try to build higher and higher homes.

These lots offer nice views, but there is no room for yards, and it can be expensive to dig out space for a swimming pool because of the hard rock.

But if you live in a hope like this, I suspect that the cost of digging a pool is not a problem.

We have new photos posted on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.  This week we are showing photos from my recent river rafting trip through he Grand Canyon.  It was quite an adventure and offered an entirely different perspective of the Canyon than views from the Rim.

5 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

This does show the homes creeping up the mountain side.

Sharon said...

They appear to be stacked!

glenda said...

Wow what a view.

Jack said...

Part of human life is being in a community. These folks sacrifice that for a view. I would look elsewhere for a home.

Coolkayaker1 said...

Mine is the reddish one on the bottom. When our neighbors built their homes above us, I almost peed my pants. But, I'll get the last laugh. Ours is on the market, and I've already bought the rock outcropping one higher than the highest neighbor.

If he gets on my nerves, I can kick sand in his pool...forever.

(kidding)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...