Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Photo: Scottsdale Fire Department Crew

This is the crew from the Scottsdale Fire Department that responded to a problem at our house last evening.  I appreciate their help immensely, and they obliged me by posing for a quick photo as the crew picked up their gear before leaving.

The smoke detectors went off in our new house and set off the alarm.  I apologize to all of our new neighbors, as I could not get the alarm off.

The Fire Department responded and checked out the house.  There was no fire.  They determined that the alarm was set off by the dust and fumes from the construction activity from remodeling work that we are doing and they set up a giant fan to blow out the air in the house.  The problem did not occur while the construction crews were there because the windows were open, but when the house was closed up at night the lack of ventilation caused the problem.

This is just a quick cell phone photo in the dark, but I post it as an expression of appreciation to a wonderful crew.  It is so reassuring that such dedicated, trained, skillful and helpful professionals respond to people in need.

This we have posted photos of some of the mountain temples of Bhutan on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

1 comment:

Sharon Anck said...

I'm glad it wasn't anything serious. Your tribute to these fellows is well deserved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...