Friday, May 18, 2012

Photo: Saguaro blossoms starting to bloom

This saguaro was starting to blossom recently.  Hummingbirds love saguaro blossoms.  This was way too high to get a photo of the flower.  I will try to see if I can find a saguaro flower to post that is low enough to photograph up close.

In the past I have gone with my mother on a trip with the Desert Botanical Garden out into the desert where we harvested the saguaro blossoms with Native Americans using traditional techniques.

We have travel photos posted at Viva la Voyage from our wonderful trip to Atacama, Chile.

2 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

The saguaros you have been showing seem to be especially abundant in the number of blossoms.

Jack said...

It is pretty interesting. I know absolutely nothing about cacti.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...