Monday, April 2, 2012

Photo: Palm, mailbox and driveway

This is another photo that I considered using for yesterday's theme day of "cobblestones."  When I realized that I did not have any photos to use, I went out my front door and took a few photos in the dark.   This was about a 90 second exposure.

This view shows part of my driveway and our mailbox, which is nestled underneath this palm tree.  Sometimes the Postal Service leaves a little note in our mailbox if the palm fronds are getting too close to path of the mail truck, and then we have to trim some of the branches.   In a few years the palm tree will be tall enough to no longer be a problem for the mail truck.

I chose yesterday's photo because it showed the pavers more clearly, and thus was more in tune with the cobblestone theme, but thought I would go ahead and use today's photo as a runner-up.

This week we have photos of Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

3 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

The 90 second exposure added some light to the night sky, but I can still see a few stars.

Sharon said...

I love the way the tree is glowing and the sky is so blue.

Sport Insight Exlusive said...

I need to learn how to do more long exposure shots.
I like how you can see the stars and the color variation in the sky.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...