Sunday, November 20, 2011

Photo: Egret in Flight

The egret I showed yesterday flew out to the center of the lake, out of the shadows and into the sunlight. This is a photo using my zoom, as he was farther away.

Compared to the photo yesterday when he had just taken off, his legs are now tucked up under his body, similar to an airplane bringing up its landing gear.

My husband's parents lived their final several years in Leisure World in Mesa, Arizona, just east of Scottsdale. Their house was on a lake and they enjoyed watching the egrets from the picture windows in their family room.

Today is Sunday, so we have new photos posted on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site. This week we are showing some additional photos from my recent trip to Nova Scotia. This week's photos highlight the fall colors on Cape Breton Island in the north of Nova Scotia.

6 comments:

joo said...

Beautiful bird and lovely photo!

SRQ said...

Egrets are so aerodynamic. Love it!

Sharon said...

You know, I've seen lots of blue egrets around town but, not many white ones.

Memphis MOJO said...

Love the reflection in the water.

glenda said...

The egret is such an elegant bird.

Teresa said...

I have seen one here in San Tan Valley, caught me off guard though. It was sitting on the side of the main road ( a pleasant surprise)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...