Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tea Desserts at the Phoenician

The Royal Tea at the Phoenician consists of champagne and then a pot of tea that you select from a menu of at least nine different choices. I always get french vanilla.

You then move to finger sandwiches. I always have one of each kind (asparagus with ham, cucumber, roast beef with horseradish, salmon, and egg salad). They always offer you another round of finger sandwiches.

The next course is scones, one is buttermilk and the other is with cranberries. You get devonshire cream, lemon curd and strawberry jam to put on your scone. Yummy!

Then you move to the dessert tray where you get to choose from fabulous and unique desserts. Today's photo shows some of the desserts I chose while at tea. And, you get seconds on desserts. You really must come to tea very hungry.

Check out travel photos of Tanzania, Africa at Viva la Voyage!

7 comments:

Rob Siemann said...

Just this is a good enough reason to visit the place. Had tea several times at the Ritz in London, and it wasn't as gorgeous!

brattcat said...

Not only must you come hungry but you must plan on not being hungry again until the next morning.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Yesterday I commented that you had not mentioned my favorite part of tea at the Phoeneian -- the deserts. I should have waited a day, as I did not know that you would show them.

Our favorite waitress at the tea, Wanda, comes out for each course with a tray of the selections, offers them, and then always says, "And if you cannot decide which ones you want, you may have one of each."

I am very good at choosing one of each.

Leif Hagen said...

Yummy, yummy in the tummy, tummy! Delicious photo! I wonder if those scrumptious beauties were on a Wedgewood china plate?

glenda said...

Ahh yes the desserts! What a treat it all is. You forot to mention the champaign. Or maybe you did and I missed it.

Sharon said...

Now you are just making me hungry!

Kaori said...

I love afternoon tea! Will definately want seconds ;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...