Saturday, September 12, 2009

Vermillion Cliffs at Sunrise

On our photography tour, we stayed at Lee's Ferry Lodge. It was a wonderful location.

I just rolled out of bed before sunrise and hiked behind the lodge to find the colors of sunrise dancing on the Vermillion Cliffs. The flowers and grasses below the cliffs were also beautiful.

The day after tomorrow I will show you a hallucinogenic Arizona flower that I found while hiking to take this photo. Then I will take you to the gorgeous slot canyons.

The photography tour was a great experience and I will be showing photos for the next few weeks as we were able to experience so many different locations with a variety of photo opportunities.

For more information about the photo tours I went on with Wilson Wyatt and Michael Madsen, check out Wilson Wyatt Photo Tours.

18 comments:

magiceye said...

so beautiful

Sharon said...

This is a gorgeous photo! What a great trip this must have been.

Mike said...

This is a beautiful shot. The colors and depth of field are very well done. Looks like a great trip.

Lois said...

Another gorgeous shot Julie! The flowers are lovely.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I trust you did not have too close of an experience with that hallucinogenic plant before going out and standing on the edge of a cliff like you showed in yesterday's photo.

~Cheryl said...

Very, very nice! I enlarged this; the sand looks like sugar crystals sparkling in the sun.

Lowell said...

You couldn't have chosen a much better site for the golden glow of the morning sun to alight!

Annie Bear said...

This is a great picture! I love the lighting. The field with the grass and flowers is so pretty.

Cezar and Léia said...

The colours' composition is indeed beautiful!

Carlos Lorenzo said...

Really impressive landscape, with a great composition from foreground to background. The time of the day is perfect too.

robert said...

...as if it was painted. Beautiful indeed.

glenda said...

Such a pretty picture with the wild flowers and beautiful cliffs.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Julie! What a fabulous way to spend your special day!!!

Don and Krise said...

Thanks again for sharing this wonderful experience with us Julie. The photos you show us are so different from our scenery up here in the northwest we get to travel through you.
Did I spy a happy birthday wish down there somewhere?? Can we get in on the birthday wishes??

Linda said...

So many beautiful elements in this shot. And what a great photography course. I'm hoping to go on one myself soon, but I may not have the sunshine that you had!

Basir Seerat's Photography. said...

wonderful work , i realy like the silleince atmosphere of your blog and photographs.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Fantastic landscape and light too!

Anonymous said...

this photo makes me want to pull out my tent and sleeping bag and head out on the 10

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...