Sunday, February 15, 2009

Colorful Arizona Sunset

An Arizona sunset taken from my kitchen window looking west towards Camelback Mountain.   The color was magnificent and I liked the profile of my palm tree, mesquite tree, and Camelback Mountain.  The clouds were feathery and it looked like a watercolor.  The two lines in the photo are actually the trunks of the  very tall palm trees.  Palm trees grow to heights of 40 to 50 feet. 

Many of the Arizona daily photo site websites are joining in a monthly theme day on the 15th of each month. Today's theme is sunsets.   Please visit the other Arizona participants.

14 comments:

brattcat said...

What a beautiful palette.

nanak said...

i really love the color. its just so beautiful

Unknown said...

This is stunning! Love it!

I left a comment on your previous post about the 'indian' and Columbus subjects.

Sharon said...

Beautiful shot Julie!

Judy said...

Such bright color and interesting silhouettes.

angie said...

gorgeous shot! (re: link trouble - if you didn't try already, paste link info into "edit html" rather than "compose")

Jane Hards Photography said...

You lot really have nailed those gorgeous colours today.

Chandlermom said...

what a nice view from your window!

Pat said...

I was wondering what the lines were. Beautiful colors.

magiceye said...

visual delight!

stromsjo said...

And an even smaller palm tree further to the right, I guess. They're all nice and crisp in profile when enlarged.

PAK said...

Beautiful sunset!

Sab said...

That's a beautiful place you live Julie - I've never been to the States - well, I have seen the inside of JFK airport, but I guess that doesn't count, and it sure ain't Arizona!
Sab

Binoy Mathew said...

in another blog also I saw a photo similar to this.. all sunsets are beautiful, with natures own iridiscent palette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...